Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 25th When it rains it pours

Well family :) here we are again.. I feel like we are always here, me sitting in a cyber sweating and trying to remember the week haha. Don't worry next week it is going to be igual. Anyway also I just got back from the Dentist and I think when they numbed my jaw they also nummed half of my brain. I am praying that this email comes out ok. 
Alright peeps, so you might have noticed that the subject of this email is "when it rains it pours..." This is the title for 2 reasons. 
First because of this story, this week I was in divisiones with some hermanas that have been having a little bit of a problem in their area. So this area is a little difficult but I know that if we have a good attitude everything is better. So we were street contacting, preaching to everyone that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored (best thing I´ve ever heard) and no one was wanting to listen to us. So there I was trying to make jokes in Spanish to help the hermana I was with not get disanimated when all of a sudden out of nowhere it starts DOWNPOURING. Seriously it came out of nowhere... so there we were, after being rejected all day, standing in the pouring rain with no where to go. In this moment I decided that we could either sit down and cry, or learn to dance in the rain. So I smacked that smile on my face and went out and started jumping in the puddles.. As you can all imagine the little latina I was with was like "goodness this gringa is a weirdo." but then I told her to come join me and slowly but surely she did. Well little did I know.. there was a family watching us as we laughed and enjoyed the rain. When I saw that we were being watching I said to the hermana "hey lets go talk to them" As we got there they were still laughing at us. So (please try to picture this next part) as I extend my hand to introduce us I am dripping all over the place. But with a big smile on my face I say " HI WE ARE THE MORMONS!!" hahahhahaha they started laughing and we started talking. They told us that they were really impressed at our reaction with the rain and asked us why we were so happy. So we testified that it is because we know God sent us to Earth to be happy. He is happy when we are happy. We then testified that we know that families are forever. They were really interesed and we put an appointment with them for the next day when we would be dry. Haha unfortunately I don't get to see the progress of this family but I do know that they came to church on Sunday and they loved it. 
Second story.. Ok so we all know that I have been struggling a little in this area. But in my scripture study I learned something really important from Nephi. We all know the story about when he broke his bow right? Well if not it is like this... Nephi is an awesome hunter so he always hunts for his family, but one day he breaks his bow and all of his family is like "dude Nephi now we are going to die from hunger because you were dumb and broke your bow." (this is how I see the story anyway.) This is what it really says... 
"18 And it came to pass that as I, Nephi, went forth to slay food, behold, I did break my bow, which was made of fine steel; and after I did break my bow, behold, my brethren were angry with me because of the loss of my bow, for we did obtain no food. "
 So what does Nephi do? Does he just sit there and say... shoot dang guys you are right.. we aren't going to eat.. why isn't the Lord blessing us? NO! He gets up and goes to make a new bow. Not only that but he arms himself with other tools as well and then to make it even more epic hes like "ok God where do I go to get food?" I always like to picutre this part as Nephi with his bow and arrow and slingshot and rocks just standing there all epicly saying. "ok where do I go?" Sweet. 
" 23 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"
So this week I decided. No I am not just going to sit here thinking that I am being punished, I am going to remake my bow and go get some "food". It is amazing what a little change of attitude can do.
So after working hard all week... the blessings poured down just like the rain. Was it a perfect week? No. But it sure was a great one. Sunday after church Dinora, Ashleyn, Alison, and Diana were baptized. It is incredible to me how the Lord prepares the people just in time for us to get there and help them recieve the saving ordenanzas (cant remember how to spell that in english.. so its in spanish.)
It was such a sweet spirit as we prepared the 4 white skirts and 4 white shirts.  We also invited all of their little friends and hermana Behan got to come to the baptism... even though there was a little bit of stress, it was incredible. How lucky am I to be part of this work? EXTREMELY!!!! So Here I am counting every blessing and shaking off the upsets. The trials come, but I am a missionary, and a daughter of God, these trials aren't going to phase me :). I know that for my diligence and true hard work, and obedience the blessings will continue to fall. Will they come in my time? No. And thats ok :) I needed to learn to be patient anyway. 
I know this is short, but it is powerful so I feel good about it. 
Thank you to my daddy Curt who sent me an amazing talk this last week to help me change my attitude. Hes the best isnt he?
I love you all and I will be back writing before you know it!
Have a great week!
Hermana Willy willy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment