Wednesday, August 13, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hey there family!!! I hope you are all doing well :) this week I am sending you this email from the raining but HOT Managua. I must say I am pleasantly surprised that I actually don't hate Managua as much as I thought I would. Ok this email is going to consist of a couple funny things that have happened this week that have made me grow even more as a missionary. And also that have made me laugh really hard. 

So as you all know this is my first area that is city like, and well I have found out that you can't just walk in the middle of the street like I have done my whole mission. I have literally almost been hit by buses like 4 times... Luckily they always honk right before they hit me so that I can scream and jump out of the way hahahaha. I feel like tarzan a little bit, that I have lived in the jungle for so long and then I come to normal life and I am just so lost. It is now my turn to learn all the bus routes and bus cards and staying away from taxis that want to charge you an arm and a leg because you are white. But I enjoy it :) the thing that I do love about Managua is that the people are educated. When we teach about the restoration and the need for a prophet in these days the people UNDERSTAND!!!!
Being in a trio is also something different but I am enjoying it :) people ALWAYS ask hermana Behan and I if we are sisters, sometimes we say yes sometimes we say no and sometimes I tell them that Hermana Colado is actually my sister ha. I would send pictures... but I don't have a camera ha. 
So one day this week we were getting ready and eating breakfast, there I was eating my corn flakes when all of a sudden I hear a loud CRUNCH and I feel something really hard in my mouth so I pulled it out and it was this white thing that was really hard so I was like... what the.. what is this.. Well ladies and gentleman, my tooth cracked. Luckily it is my very back molar so no one can see anything but it scared me... My teeth are falling out.... SO I made a vow not to buy as much coke... Anyway Mom you will have to let me know what you want me to do about that.
Ok but here is one of the best stories you will ever read. This week we were working like horses. That is one of the million things that I love about Hermana Behan is that she is just so ready to work. So we were giving it all we've got sweating from every pore- literally- and in the mission everything winds up to sunday, to see if your investigators come or not. So Sunday morning we got up at 5:00 studied and left the house at 7:00 to go look for all of our investigators/less actives/ and converts. As we passed by for all of the people we had committed to church they all started to come up with the most ridiculous excuses.. some of them yes were real, but others we just knew they were lying to our face. So we kept looking, inviting people on the street, everything we could do to try to get at least one family in the church. But as the time passed by we realized that it wasn't going to happen. As a missionary it is probably the worst feeling in the world to know that you have given all you could give, you have been obedient, and yet... still nothing... so we sat through sacrament meeting and at the end of it we decided that we were going to leave Hermana Colado in the church with our convert and go looking for more people to invite. So Hermana Behan and I headed out.. not 2 minutes after we left it started pouring rain... POURING haha so we were like ah don't worry this will just show the Lord that we are willing to do anything to bring people to church. So we passed by some of our other families... and nothing... now I want you all to picture something funny... hahaha two white girls showing up at your house SOAKING WET with make up running down their faces just BEGGING you to come to church. Hahahahahahaha oh my appearance scared me. But still the people had some sort of excuse. So there we were... in the middle of a street full of water that went to our mid calves.. soaking wet... and still no investigators. Nothing. We took a moment to just breathe as we stood in the pouring rain. Hermana Behan said "this sucks" and I said "we are in the same boat" so from that moment on we decided we were in the "suck boat". But don't worry, we got to talking and we realized that sometimes the Lord puts us in these kinds of situations so that we will be prepared for the miracles, so that we can show that we are willing to do what He asks us to do so that we can be worthy of His blessings. This story isn't going to end today with some amazing miracle that we saw later, but what it does end with is my testimony that I know the Lord sees our sacrifices and a lot of times we just need to be patient and wait for His timing. I know that I have so much to offer because I am HIS daughter. I am a daughter of God, and even though we have to go through hard times it just strengthens us to be who it is that He needs us to be. I am grateful for my trials because I know that is shows that the Lord trusts me. 
Thank you all for your letters and love. I miss you. I love you :) 
Yours truely
The soaking wet Hermana Willardson 
Fight the fight, keep the faith! 

No comments:

Post a Comment