Tuesday, August 27, 2013

La Cocarach!

Hola Familia!

¡Mi bonita amigos les amo!

Well week 5 at the MTC is over and time is flying by. I can't believe that I only have 6 days left here. Although I won't lie I am getting antsy to get out and get to work. I am anxious and excited to get to Nicaragua and start falling in love with the people and learning more of the language and doing what I set out to do. :) My week was... well kinda interesting. haha I think you will all enjoy this email but beware it might make you cringe.

Tuesday: It was a pretty regular P-day at the good ol' CCM we took a nap and cleaned and did laundry. Then I was in charge of giving the opening prayer (in Spanish) at the devotional and it was our Area 70 speaking. So it was kinda a big deal. Luckily no one is judgmental about prayers but I killed it anyway. I had a member of the 70 compliment my prayer. It rocked. I am kinda a big deal. ha ha you know you all love that.

Wednesday... oh man.. so we were at lunch and I was doing the usual routine you know gettin my tortilla and my beans and rice to go with the chicken they gave me to make myself a nice little taco. (I was talking to Hermana Ricks and not really watching what I was grabbing) So we sit down and I start making my taco real nice, little bit of chicken little bit of rice then some beans (still not watching what I was doing..) and I got to take a bite and Hermana Rick´s eyes started to bulge out of her head so luckily I stop and I asked her whats up and she grabs my taco out of my hand (I am starting to get really confused because this Hermana just swiped my taco) opens it up and points... So now I start freaking out... As I looked a little closer, I saw a cockroach... In my beans... Ya I hope you are all gagging. Needless to say I didn't eat much lunch that day. Hahaha I took my plate to the MTC presidents wife and she took it back to the cook and I don't even want to know what she said to them. I am staying away from the beans for the rest of the time haha. Later that night we got to do service and our service for this week was to vaccum all the chairs in the auditorium haha I was actually really fun, I enjoyed it.

Thursday they gave us sandwiches and I almost cried. I was so excited hahahaha I just realized how hilarious it was that I was that excited for a ham sandwich. Oh man how different life has gotten in just one month. :) I love it. Oh hahaha I just looked at my journal from this day and recalled a story. We were walking to class in the morning and all of a sudden I see this bat flying around so I start watching it, and I watched it start to come closer and then all of a sudden it flys right into Hermana Kent hahaha it was so funny! Holy cow my life is hilarious. Anyone that says God doesn't have a sense of humor just needs to read my letters. Oh boy.

Friday was our last time teaching our investigator Fernando. Bittersweet.. but mostly just sweet. During lunch we pranked the other class in our district and we took all their desks and chairs and made a huge tower in another classroom. It was pretty sweet, they loved it. ha ha. OH it is a good thing I have these notes, I keep forgetting to tell you that there are so many parrots here and all different colors too. They are so pretty, really annoying, but pretty. I will try to get a picture, but so far it has failed to happen ha ha.

Saturday we practiced doing approaches and it is probably one of my favorite things ever. I love talking to strangers, I find people so fascinating. I even talked to a janitor and invited her to come to church. She is a member but it was fun anyway ha ha. I seriously love just talking to people and finding out about them. Love it. It was a hard day to focus.. It feels like the last week of school all over again ha ha. It is becoming a problem. BUT my wrist is healed so I got to play volleyball again :) I was so happy. Then as we were trying to go to bed Mexico City decided to party, so I fell asleep listening to Mexican dance party music and it incorporated itself into my dream, really weird but it lead to my first dream in Español!! Which was really awesome. :) I was at a Mexican dance party teaching about the Church ha ha. Weird..

Sundays.. I wish everyday was Sunday. We had a devotional from Elder Holland and we got to watch "The Testaments" Super awesome day. I really love my district too, we do so much together and it is really fun. Our elders sang in the devotional "homeward bound" look it up on You tube right now and watch it. Great song.

Monday we had another earthquake ha ha I think I am getting too casual with the earthquakes.. We had just gotten to breakfast and I was starving so I had my bowl and I was walking over to the cereal when the alarm went off. So naturally I run and get my cereal and then took it with me to the safe spot. I figured that if we were going to have to stand out there for 20 minutes I might as well have some fruit loops. Ha ha ha it was just a little tremor anyway. No biggie. It rained from 6:00-9:30 just pouring rain, there were puddles at least 2 inches deep I was happy because for a second it felt like I was swimming again. Good news is my umbrella works great! Ha ha. It was a bittersweet day as I had to say goodbye to a lot of the friends that I have met here. I have been so blessed to be able to meet so many great people and grow close to them.

Today we got to go to the temple for the last time here, for me it will be the last time for 17 more months. I was really impressed because I could understand so much more of the Spanish than the last time! It was such an awesome feeling! Such a pretty temple too. Then we came back had some lunch (chicken in case you were wondering. I know you all love my meal updates.) and did some laundry. Oh and I took a tally of hot dogs consumed this week... we had corn dogs 3 times, then they came up with something new and now they steam the hot dogs with the veggies.. hahahahaha so we have had that as a choice for a side for the passed 5 days and hot dog soup once. Hahaha oh man every time I think about the hot dogs I laugh out loud. I think it is so stinking hilarious. HAHAHAHA. Hot dogs.

Anyway, as I was sitting in the temple these were the words that came to my mind, yes they are in Spanish.. go figure. Ha ha. Sorry for those of you who don't speak it you can ask someone to translate or use google. :)

Asombro me da el amor que me da Jesús confuso estoy por su gracia y por Su luz, y tiembio al ver que por mí Él Su vida dio por mí tan indigno, Su sangre Él derramó. Me cuesta entender que quisiera Jesús bajar del trono divino para mi alma rescatar que Él extendiera perdón a tal pecador y me redimier y diera Su gran amor comprendo que Él en la cruz de dejó clavar pagó mi recare no lo podré olvidar. Por siempre jamás al Señor agradeceré mi vida y cuanto yo tengo a Él daré. Cuán asombroso es que por amarme así muriera Él por mí. Cuán asombroso es lo que dío por mí.

¡Les amo!

Hermana Willardson

No comments:

Post a Comment