Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10-6-14 Raining!

Well family it is officially winter here in Nicaragua.. I say winter but what I mean is that it is still hot it just rains all the time. Right now it is about 76 degrees outside and I am in a sweater... good heavens I don't know what is going to happen with me when I am in snow... hahaha.
This week was a really busy but really great week. I have been put in charge of the hermanas in Tipitapa which only has one companionship of hermanas because supposedly it is slightly dangerous. But don't worry nothing happened while I was there, but the divisions along with the meetings that I had last week meant that I had to leave my companion here in the area with other hermanas for 3 days straight.. poor girl... I felt bad because the poor thing is still new but I guess the Lord wants her to learn fast haha. This week as a missionary is like Christmas. Being able to bring people to General Conference is a huge deal because the Spirit is SO STRONG and no one can deny that that cute old Prophet is a Prophet of God. So we worked really hard this week and we were able to bring 3 families to the conference. We went Saturday afternoon and to both on Sunday. But let me just explain to you all how Sunday went down. Ok so we woke up early (5:00) and started getting ready. We studied for an hour and by 7:00 we were knocking on the doors of Less Actives, Recent Converts and Investigators. Sometimes I think to myself how many friends I would have if I was this annoying at home on a Sunday morning hahah. Anyway, so we do the usual... Knock knock "what do you want" 
"hermano its time to go to church" 
"I don't want to"
"thats too bad, we are here and we are coming in!!"
So we walk in and help them cook breakfast, iron thier clothes, and even sometimes put on thier shoes. Hahaha. All for a good cause right.
Then we hop in the bus, yup we take a bus to church. And this Sunday in particual I was thinking about you guys home on the couch watching the conference and there I was, sweating, riding a bus full of stinky people, not even sitting but standing in said bus, tired, and smelly, but with a big smile on my face. How blessed have I been to be here in Nicaragua helping people recieve this Gospel that is really helping them change their lives? So blessed. I never have felt the joy that I feel as I watch people file into the church to be able to hear the voice of the prophets and apostles. Blessed :) Then we leave to go grab some lunch because I was STARVING. So we shoved it all down and set out for round two.. but this time God gave us a twist... RAIN and a lot of it... so there we were soaking wet barging into peoples houses and getting them ready to go to church... I ended up giving my rain coat and umbrella to different investigators. hahahha but when we got to church we sent them to sit down and we dried ourselves with the paper towels from the bathroom. Shower Nicaraguan style. I am really learning to rock the wet dog look just so you all know. Then we enter the room and some crazy man has the air conditioning on... so I froze just a little but it was so worth it. 
I just want to end with my testimony that I know that God has called prophets today, that we are so lucky and so blessed to be part of the ONLY church that has communication directly with a loving Father in Heaven. I know that the church has been restored and that we are living in the recogimiento de Israel. Cuan grande es nuestro llamamiento!!!!!
Les Amo!!!!!
Hermana Willardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment