Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Week

7-7-14
Hey Family!!! Happy 4th of July!!! I hope you all passed it well :) 
This week for me has been a good one! This week for me has been one of the best ones that I have had, a lot of memorable things have happened. SO if you all remember last Monday I was telling you all how close we were to hit our goal of 102 families. Well Monday night at 8:00pm my district baptized the 102 family!!!! WE HIT OUR GOAL!!!!! WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Seriously best thing ever. The Lord seriously worked miracles in the mission and I am so grateful that I was able to be a participant and not just a bystander. We as a companionship were able to baptize 2 families, they were families to complete but they are still families added to the branch. I have been so so so blessed in the mission. Many days I stand all amazed at the blessings and miracles that I recieve even though I am far from perfect. It just makes me realize more and more that this isn't my work, it is the Lords work and He uses us as His instruments for the things He needs to get done. We are just incredibly blessed to be a part of it. How lucky am I to be a missionary in the time that the Lord is hastening His work? Gosh, I AM SO BLESSED!!!!! Ok haha sorry that is probably enough bragging. I am working on being more humble :) Hahaha. Ok so this week I am going to change things up a little bit and instead of giving you a day by day play I am going to tell you about the special investigators we are working with right now. 
Yadira y Lester: This family is one of my favorite families. The only problem that we have had is getting Lester to church. The Nicaraguan men are a little hard. He knows that the church is true, he knows that he needs to change a couple things of his life, but sunday mornings are just hard for him. It makes me laugh sometimes that the Lord gives me investigators that are so similar to me hahaha. Don't worry I now know all the reasons for not sleeping in on Sunday. 
Yasmina y Elizabeth: These are the sisters of Yadira, they are SO AWESOME. They will be getting baptized this weekend because they don't have any problems haha. They don't have husbands but they both have one kid. That happens a lot here. haha. But everytime we leave them something in the Book of Mormon to read not only do they read it but they memorize it as well. Seriously the Lord prepares the people and all we have to do is find them. Love the work.
Maribelle y Byron: these are cousins of Yadira and they also want to get married and baptized when Yadira and Lester do. The only problem is that they haven't been to church yet either for a couple of emergencies that have happened. But pray for them they will do it I just know it. 
This week I had the usual interview with President, he shared a couple of scriptures with me to get me even more excited to work!!! I know that the time is flying and I need to give it all I have so that I won't have any regrets. Pray for me, because even though my heart and mind want to work my body has been getting tired lately haha. 
Today we went on a hike, which I don't know why we do that we walk all week. But we were going to go look for this place that has monkeys... well we got lost... and ended up walking in the jungle from 9:00 until 2:00. And in mountains. there were also times that the path was SUPER slippery and I slid down part of the mountain haha. You all know how I am. It is difficult for me to walk without falling. But its ok my pants were just all covered in mud NO BIGGIE... oh yes and this week we had the meeting with all the leaders and I GOT TO SEE Hna ALAN!!!!! It was super awesome to be able to see her again. I have missed her a lot. I love her so so so so so much. Hahaha. But seriously. She is like my latin sister. I love her. 
Anyway I have you all in my prayers and I hope that you have me in yours. Pray that the mission will keep seeing success. I love you all very much!!!
Love Hermana Willardson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment