Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24th letter

Holy cow who is praying that my time here will go fast? Because whoever is praying for that has some serious power. Today I completed 8 months in the mission!! Where has the time gone. Seriously. I can't even believe it. Lets all start praying for time to go slower ok? Ok :) This week was a great one. Great because it was busy and great because I am a missionary. I have the best job in all the world! 
This is going to be kinda like the letter last week where I tell you a couple funny stories and a couple spiritual stories and I am going to try to not make an English mistake this whole letter. Haha. I have probably already made one whoops. 
Ok so this week I recieved a package when we were in a Zone meeting that supposedly was from my loving sister Kristy. Everyone wanted me to open it there so I opened it up. The first thing I saw were swimming goggles, followed by umbrellas, vitamins, the newspaper, and happy birthday cards that said "to Grandpa and Grandma" also one of those back scratchers. Hahah I was super confused because I had no idea who had written me these birthday cards. Everyone was watching me as I opened up this package and they all thought that my sister was a wacko. I told them that I think there was just a mix up because my name wasn't on the outside of the package. The customs form was just taped to the outside. So as you all can imagine I got some funny looks haha. 
Haha so when they fumigate our house we always have a ton of dead bugs on the floor the next day right so on Tuesday we were cleaning the floor with our mop and soap and I accidentally kicked over the bottle of cleaner and it went everywhere hahaha so as we were trying to clean it all up it just got really bubbly and we decided to have a little soap fight. So we took our flip flops off and slid around in the bubbles for like 15 minutes. Then it took forever to try to get the bubbles all cleaned up... Mops don't work very well if anyone is wondering haha.
So in the branch there are 4 missionaries, us two and Elder Stark and Elder Vaquerano. On Friday Elder Stark came up to me with a big smile and said "you have to ask my companion what I taught him in English" So I asked elder Vaquerano and he looks me straight in the face and says "I like to cut the cheese." I laughed so hard and he didn't understand why. Elder Stark taught him the literal meaning so Elder Vaquerano didn't understand what he was saying. I laughed for a good little while. I took a video so I will see if I can send that to you. If not I am going to send a package home with my memory in it so that you can all see because it is hilarious. 
This week we were blessed to have the baptism of Melido, I know I haven't told you all about him so I am going to give you the run down right now. He was a contact that we met 3 weeks ago. For his work he goes around testifying of miracles but he didn't belong to any church. He is a really incredible guy that knows there is a God but never felt right in any church. So he went to church with us for the first time 3 weeks ago and really liked it. Then we invited him to the Priesthood session of Stake Conference and he absolutely loved it. Not only that but he came fasting to know if he should be baptized the proxima fin de semana. And he got his answer and this Saturday he was baptized!!! Like always there is a little oposition before miracles but he did it and to make it even cooler my convert Juan gave him the Holy Ghost. That was incredible to see. He is the only convert that I have that has the Melquesidik priesthood. I think that is one blessing about being in the area for so long is that I get to see my converts grow in the church and help them along the way. It is incredible. I have 5 Converts with the aaronic priesthood and that is also a miracle. 
The passed two weeks we have been working with a less active that was one of the first people to get baptized here in the branch. She has been less active for 12 years and many pairs of missionaries have tried to get her to go. To be honest usually when the situation is like that I don't usually try that hard but something in my heart told me that we couldn't give up on her. In her time there were 4 women that did everything in the church together for the missionaries and the teenagers. Washed the clothes of the missionaries, fed them, and hung out with them on Pdays. We had reactivated 2 of the 4 so we made a plan to bring Susan and Rosa (the 2 that we reactivated) to visit Guadalupe and Nagarite. Guadalupe wasn't home all this week so that didn't work but we visited Nagarite and to see the three of them all together filled my heart because they lost contact and hadn't seen eachother in a long time. These ladies are like what Annie Craig, Tyler Hunt and I are but about 40 years in the future. (PS I don't even know if annie and ty reads my letters but if they do... Here is a shout out for you two!!! Tearing it up out there in Brazil and New York !! Proud of you guys.) Anyway they are just the best of friends. And our plan worked. Susan and Rosa animated Nagarite to come back to church and on Sunday when she walked in a lot of the members of the branch were so excited because she helped out a lot in the beginning stages of this branch. Sunday night we took the three of them to go visit Guadalupe and the same thing. They helped animate her and we have Hermana Rosa assigned to visit her this week and bring her to churchh on Sunday. I want to testify to you all about how you can help the missionaries. Help bring people to church. Visit your neighbors that are less actives and bring them to church!!!! The power of the member is so vital in missionary work I can not stress it enough. It is something that we struggle with in this branch because there aren't a ton of members so those of you that are praying for missionary experiences, go talk to your neighbor and invite them for sunday. Visit those that are less active and help get them excited to go :) I love you all and I know that you are all loved by our loving Heavenly Father!!! Have a fantastic week!!!!
Next week I will know if I have transfers or not but I am praying that no... hehehe..
Love you all!
Hermana Willardson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment