Monday, March 3, 2014

Earthquakes and Washing cloths

Hey Family :) First off I want to wish my Brother Davie boy a happy birthday!! I know it was on Saturday but you better believe that I thought about you all of that day :)
Well seeing as how no one mentioned anything I am going to assume that you don't know about the earthquake that I experienced this week haha. It was rated as a 6.2 and I believe it is the strongest one I have ever felt! But we will get there in a little while haha. Anyway this letter needs to be a quick one because we have a lot of stuff to do today so I am just going to hit on the highlights of the week. On Friday we had a ummmm I cant remember the word in English... Reunion?? Of 2 zones. President talked about how some missionaries have the Hakunna Matata attitude that we need to change. So we got to watch a little bit of Lion King haha. But that isn't the point...hhaha the point is that it got me motivated to work harder. He challenged us this week to wake up an hour earlier so that we can leave to get to work an hour earlier. The best part is the blessings he promised us if we sacrafice this one hour of sleep. VALE LA PENA!!!!!! So this week I will be waking up at 5:30 everyday.  But I tell you what we have already seen the blessings. I was feeling a little down this week and I am not sure why, it is the first time in my mission that I have felt even the least bit homesick and there wasn't even a reason. So as I was doing my personal study the thought came to my mind that I should stop thinking about my self and I should go offer service to someone. SO that day we went and offered to wash the clothes of some of our investigators and our converts Edda and Juan haha. So you better believe I was out there with my bar of soap washing clothes on a rock :) I have a stronger testimony now that when we stop thinking about ourselves and do service for others we forget about our problems and our lives become easier. So if you are ever feeling down go wash some clothes on a rock hahahahaha that is the weirdest advice I have ever given. 
Anyway on Saturday we had the baptism of Mariela. She is the other grandkid of Edda and Juan but she didn't want to get baptised last Saturday because she was scared of drowning hahaha I tried to explain to her that I am a lifeguard but she didn't really understand. It was really cute to see her get baptised. I have grown to love that family like my own. In my letter from Dad today he told me that when it is my time to leave Nagarote it is going to be hard. And I do not doubt that one bit. I dread transfers because I do not ever want to leave this area..... The people here are part of my family and I dont know if I will be able to leave them . SO I just don't think about it and I just live in the moments that I have here with them :) 
This week we have been working in reactivation again and we found this one family that used to have the missionaries over everyday for lunch. This Hermana gave all to the missionaries and they always had a really good relationship. SO when we went to go visit her this week she was SUPER excited to see us. :) Her name is Hermana Guatelupe and she is so awesome. We already have a really good relationship with her and I know that if she becomes reactivated she will be super awesome for the branch here. 
Ok so Saturday night I was sleepin like a baby right? Right.. and for some reason I woke up out of a dead sleep and I thought to myself what in the world am I doing awake. I looked at the clock and it was 3:37am so I was like what the... Then my bed began to shake and I was like no way!!!! WOOOHOOO I thought it was just gonna be a little earthquake but then it started shaking more and more and more and I was like wooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhh hahaha I am terrible at describing this but what it felt like was like I was laying on a tube at lake powell all peaceful and then a boat drove by and I was rocking back and forth on the waves. That is the only thing I could compare it too. It knocked out the power and made it so that a lot of people didn't go to church the next day but Don't worry nobody died haha-. 

Anyway I am sorry this is so short but we gotta go get to work. I hope you all have a great week!!! I love you all so much and before you know it you will have another letter from your favorite white Nicaraguan. 
Love Hermana Willie 

No comments:

Post a Comment