Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2-3-1014


Hey there Familia!!!!!!
Man oh man what the heck it is February. I don't know if I spelled that right but hopefully. Last week Mom told me that my English is horrible...... sorry I will work on that... in a year haha. Right now my primary language is Spanish and it is to the point where it is easier for me to speak spanish than it is english. First things first, Dad I hope you had a fantastic birthday!!! In memory of you I definitely drank an Ice cold Coca Cola. And spoke some spanish. Hahaha. 
Tuesday we had a good normal day of work (FINALLY) haha I feel like every week there is something that takes us out of our area so that we cant work and I hate it. But we went and visited and taught all of our investigators. We have 2 families that we are really focusing on right now and finally this weekend we are praying to see the baptism of Osmar and Carol PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM!!!!! Baptisms take a lot of faith on the part of the missionaries too.... I feel my faith build everyday... I think faith is kind of like magic. It is an awesome thing. Hahahhahahahhaha oh man... 
Wednesday I did divisions with Hermana Behan she is from Illinois and she is SO AWESOME!!!!! She has one transfer less than I do and we get along really well. Hahahaha funny story we were teaching one of her investigators and he was telling us a story about how his daughter got hit by a car out on the freeway and he watched it happen (ok that part isnt funny) and Hermana Behan didn't understand what he was saying so in the middle of his story she said "that is so good hermano!!" HAHAHAHAHA I looked at her with my eyes wide open and in shock and she looked at me very confused. Later she told me that she thought he was talking about something completely different. Haha that is why I love working with people that don't know spanish very well... I know I definitely said some funny things when I was just starting out too. But that made me laugh for pretty much the whole day. 
Thursday I came back to Nagarote and worked with my companion for about 2 hours and then we did more divisiones. HERMANA CRUZ RETURNED TO NAGAROTE!!!!!! It was really fun to work with her again. We went and looked for some references that we had received and this is always pretty funny because the directions here are crazy... this is the direction we were looking for... From the school in Por Venir three streets below one street to the west and half a block below. That one is actually pretty easy... but anyway normally what we do is we just ask people if they know the people we are looking for. SO we were out asking people for Edeth and Julio and we asked this lady if she knew them and her eyes got all wide and she stood up and ran in her house... so we were like... ummmm ok??? Then when she came back she had a machete..... so we were a little frightened... she asked us what we wanted and before I knew it my mouth was spitting out words and I said "Hermana we are here to help people repent and be baptized so that all of their sins can be erased" (In spanish of course) and hermana cruz just sat there looking at me.. Well I don't know if what I said offended her or just hit her right in the hard but she threw down the machete and ran back inside.... she didn't come back so we decided to just go because I was a little frightened. Hahahaha.... oh Nicaragua.... That night we had a Noche de Hermanamiento and Cruz got to see all of our converts and the members. It made me realize how much I love this branch... I know I am going to be so INCREDIBLY sad to leave it... if I could finish my mission here I really wouldn't mind. 
Friday and Saturday were pretty much the same so I am going to combine them... mostly just because I don't remember which day was which... so we have this really big family of Less actives there are about 20 members just in this one family and this week I was thinking about going to visit them... somethings happened in the branch and it left the father of this family really angry. When I was with Hermana Cruz we went to go visit them but the father was never there. So we went to go see if we could find him. I was honestly a little scared because I didn't know what I would say if we found the dad... So when we got there they all told us that the mom and dad were sitting outside. In the moment that they told me the dad was there I got really scared because I didn't know what I would say. But then I remembered the Lords promise to me, that He would fill my mouth with what I need to say when I need to say it. As we started talking I could feel that the words I was saying were not my own. Spanish flowed easily and I was saying things I had never said before. It was incredible to see how the Spirit can soften the hardest of hearts. We left the appointment feeling good. He told us that on Sunday he was going to go to church again. 
Sunday morning we called Leonardo Velasques (the dad) and asked him if he was still planning on coming. He told us that not only him and his wife but all of the family was going to go.... In that moment I could not help but to cry.... I have seen miracles in the mission... more than I can write but this is one of my favorites. To see how the right words can change peoples lives is unreal. I can't express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be used as an instrument here in Nicaragua. The attendance of the branch on Sunday was the highest I have ever seen it. Along with this family of Less actives we also had 11 investigators there with us. All of our work is finally showing. I was feeling stressed this week because we are working really hard but the thing about the mission is that sometimes the results take a little while to show. But I am so so happy :) Anyway funny story to wrap things up. We were walking to one of our investigators house last night and there was this drunk man in the street and he started talking to us and inviting us to go teach him... I felt a strong impression to leave so as we started walking away he grabbed me and gave me a big old drunk hug.... I was in shock as you can imagine so I just stood there in terror my companion grabbed my arm and yanked me free and we ran away really fast... Most. Awkward. Moment. Of. My. Mission. But like normal I just laughed about it and moved on haha. 
Anyway I hope you all know I love and miss you!!! 
Until Next week
Hermana Willardson

No comments:

Post a Comment