Monday, November 11, 2013

Life as a Nicaraguan missionary!

Well family here we are again, another week has passed. Can you believe it? I certainly can't. This week was pretty normal and I don't have much to report so we will see what I can come up with to tell you all. 
Lets see, Tuesday was pretty normal. Nothing too exciting happened. 
Wednesday there was more fumigation. This time they came to our apartment with this thing that was like a leaf blower that was blowing out the pesticide. I instantly got a headache but the good news is that I don't have Dangue. They have been fumigating the streets everyday because 17 people have died from Dangue in the passed month. Crazy stuff I tell you. 
Thursday was the birthday of one of our Elder friends. He is in our same district so in the night we bought a piƱata and had a grand old time! 
Other than that it was a pretty normal week. SO I am going to describe what our normal day is like for you all :) 6:30 we wake up and do some exercises. I use the rubber band thingie that Dad sent with me and I am getting pretty muscular...hahaha.... then we walk to this store that is really close to our house to get something for breakfast. Every morning I ask for orange juice because they squeeze it fresh right there in front of me :) So incredibly delicious. Then we go home and shower and get ready and study. We study personally for an hour then we study together for an hour and then we read the Book of Mormon together. I read it in Spanish and H. Lopez reads in English. Sometimes it is really funny to watch her try to read English haha its probably the same for her with me. :) Then we leave the house and start contacting. 
I really enjoy contacting because everyone we meet has some story to tell. Then at 1:00 everyday we have lunch at Hermana Patricias. She is a member of the Church and always makes really good food. I am so grateful. It is always really hot right around this time so we are grateful to have the hour break from the sun. I am starting to get some really funny looking tan lines haha. Then we leave to go teach or contact more. On average we try to teach around 5-6 lessons everyday. We also visit our recent converts. We have dinner every night with different members of the church. Some of the members I look forward to eating with... others... well not so much haha. Then at night we come home and plan for the next day. During the day or at night I try to do something to make Hermana Lopez laugh because we do much better work when we are happy. :) Anyway that is pretty much the normal life of a Nicaraguan missionary. I don't think it is that different from other missionaries... sure there are a few things that are different but I am so grateful to be here. I know without doubt that I am supposed to be in Nicaragua. It is feeling more and more like home. The time is flying by and it scares me a little. Haha. The spanish is coming along really well! I am so blessed!!! Anyway sorry this week was a little lame I will try to do something weird this week so that I have a good story to tell you haha. I love you all and miss you so much! Have a great week!!!!
Love Hermana Willardson

Before Breann got off the email I asked her to tell me a story about someone she is teaching.  Here is her reply. 

Ok, I am going to tell you a story.
This week we were looking a lot for new people to teach. I have been getting frustrated because I didn't feel like I knew how to know when the spirit was telling me to knock a door or when it was just my thoughts. So we were heading to dinner one day after a day of not finding hardly anyone to teach. We were tired and sweaty. I offered up a desperate, honest prayer that I would be able to find just one person that was positive. As we were walking my heart started pounding and I couldn't figure out why. I looked down this dark, sketchy ally and before I knew it I was walking down the ally. Hermana Lopez reluctantly following, At the end of the ally was one Little house, the door was closed and there wasn't much light. Hermana Lopez told me that we should leave but I told her that I wanted to knock that door. So we did. A woman answered the door and told us that at one point she had studied with the missionaries but then they moved and lost touch. She has a husband and 3 kids and she told us to come back on Tuesday. I was so happy and as I left that house I had goosebumps. It is so incredible to feel myself being used as an instrument in the Lord's hands. I know that I can't do this alone. This isn't my work and that is something I am still learning. I am so grateful to be here learning how to listen and do what the Spirit tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment