Monday, June 16, 2014

6-16-14

Hey Family!!!! I hope you are all doing well :) 
First and foremost I know you probably think that I forgot dad but I didn't.. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!! I actually sent you a special letter today so don't you think that I forgot :) 
This email is going to be a little short again because I don't have tons of time. 
Lets see, this week was another good one full of work, my poor companion and I are pretty exhausted but it is so worth it. We have spent quite a bit of time outside of our area but I know that the Lord protects our area even if we aren't there. This week I sent my companion to Esteli and I was here with hermana Taufoou, she was in the MTC with me and it was fun to be able to work with someone that has the same amount of time that I do. It made me feel strange to talk to someone that has the same time as I do.. made me feel kinda old in the mission. Hahah. We had an activity in the Branch and after we played charades, one of the things that I had to act out was ninja turtles... luckily I have had practice in being a ninja turtle so it was pretty easy for me. But the members thought that it was so funny haha- 
On thursday I went to Esteli to bring my companion back and we missed the bus so we had to wait a whole hour until the next one came. We started contacting in the terminal and I found a white guy that didn't speak any spanish.. so I started talking to him... in the middle of the conversation he said... hey I don't really understand anything you are saying.. I don't speak spanish. I was like I AM SPEAKING ENGLISH!!!! But then I realized that in the middle of the conversation I had switched to Spanish... whoops sorry guy. 
Friday my companion and i both went to La Dalia to help the hermanas out that are there so we spent 2 hours in the bus to go there and we worked for about 3 hours and then we spent 2 hours coming back home. But I know that we helped out the hermanas because on Sunday they brought a family to church for the first time in 3 months. That made me really happy. Even if it takes up some of my time I love going to other areas to help. I love the mission because everyday I feel like I am doing something worth my time. It is fantastic.
Right now we have some pretty awesome families that we are teaching. One that is named Vilma and Holman and their son Gabriel this family has stolen my heart. They are so so so awesome!! They are looking for a church and have studied a lot of different churches but never liked them. So they came to church with us and they really really liked it. :) We are praying that they will be baptized here pretty soon. We had an awesome lesson with them and a member family. These lessons are my favorites, when we can bring another family with us to talk to them about how the gospel has blessed their lives. The members can bring such a strong spirit and then the family feels like they have friends in the church. It is awesome. If any of you get the chance to leave with the missionaries, DO IT!!!! The members are seriously essential in the missionary work, because the work is not just of the missionaries. It is the work of everyone in the ward, I know sometimes we forget that as members we also play a huge role in the work of the Lord but this is my challenge for you all. I challenge you to think of a family, or a person, a friend, or even an enemy that isn't a member, pray for their hearts to be softened and invite them to church. Do not be afraid to share the Gospel!!! It is the message that is changing the world!!!! I am so grateful to be part of the work in the time that the Lord is hastening it. 
Thank you for all of your love and support!!!!
Love Hermana Willardson

No comments:

Post a Comment