Monday, December 16, 2013

What’s the Beef

Well Family here we are again first and foremost I wish the happiest of birthdays to my beautiful Mother!!!! I hope you had a fantastic day on Friday and know that I was thinking about you alllllllll daaaaayyyyy!!!! But yes here we are, the last email before Christmas. I don't believe I will be emailing next week because all of the mission will be together for our Christmas celebration. So the next time we talk will be through Skype!!! WOOOHOOOOO I will be calling around 12:00 your time. I am kind of nervous I won't lie. Hahaha. But it will all be great I know!!!
Lets see, not a whole lot to report this week but I will see what I can remember haha. 
Tuesday was a good old day of work, my companion got sick and lost her voice so all the people were telling us their medicines for how to fix what she had. I think we recieved about 20 lemons to make a lemon drink haha. We are teaching a family right now that gave us a pumpkin and told us how to make a soup out of it... but I am not exactly sure what they said to tell you the truth... Hahaha. 
Wednesday we went to a part of our area that is called Choriso. It is the poorest part of our area but it is probably one of my favorites. We had two of the teenagers from the branch helping us so that we could teach and contact at the same time. I was out contacting and I saw this lady putting water in to her little wheel barrell so we offered to help her out. So picture this, 5 buckets full of water in a little wood hand cart and me pulling it along this dirt road to her house. It was quite humorous. Anyway when we got to her house my companion was outside talking to her daughter. How ironic that we were contacting the same family without even knowing it. The Mom is a less active member and has a husband that isn't a member and her daughter with her husband. They were very receptive to our message and invited us to come back. The problem was that they were in Managua until tomorrow. So hopefully next time they will be receptive still. But it was a lesson I learned that through service we see the blessings of our Heavenly Father. 
Thursday we had meetings in Leòn with president and all of the missionaries in the zone. Everyone had to present their area and talk about their investigators and what we are good at. Haha it is always a little scary to present what we have in front of President but it really wasn't all that bad. Since we are TL's we had to be there for every presentation so we were in Leòn almost all day. But at the end of the day President took us to dinner and I rode in his car, it was the first time I have been in a car in a real long time. Haha. 
Friday we were out working and it was really really hot so we decided we would buy some ice cream. Now here in Nicaragua there are people that walk around with carts of ice cream and it is the best ice cream, sure it is a little sketchy but it is still the best. Anyway we stopped to buy some and as we were talking to the man we introduced ourselves and he invited us to his house for later that night. We were pretty excited! So later that night we went to teach Marlo and his wife Eva. The only problem is that they live right next to a church, the churches here are all open. So everything they were chanting and yelling we could hear. It was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves haha. So we have our next appointment for when the church isn't in session. hahaha. It was rather humorous. 
Saturday night I opened up one of my packages of beef jerky that I had forgotten about, and naturally I shared with my companion. She went nuts and had quite a bit but I was more than happy to share. Then I put it in the fridge so that no animals would get it.... this story continues the next day...
Sunday after church we were eating lunch and I asked for soup because I had a gnarly sore throat. So I was sitting there eating my soup and this soup was one of the best soups I have ever had!!! So naturally I asked what it was..... Prepare yourselves.... it was soup with cow stomach.... yes you read that right. The meat that was in my soup was the stomach of a cow. And it was delicious. I don't know if I have changed or if it just has always been good... but there is the weird food story for you. Anyway later that night we came home and I was hungry so I went to the fridge to eat some beef jerky... When I looked in the fridge there was my bag with one piece left. So I chuckled a little and went to ask my companion what happened. When I asked her she had the saddest little face and she told me that in the middle of the night she woke up craving the beef jerky and couldn't stop herself. Hahaha in the middle of the night my sweet companion swiped my jerky. The story was so funny that I couldn't help but just laugh and give her my last piece of jerky. Hahahaha. 
So family that is the week for you all. I hope that you all have a fantastic week and I will see you all for Christmas, this week try not to get all caught up in the hustle and bustle. Sit down and take time to think about what it is we are really celebrating. 
I love you!!
Hermana Willardson

No comments:

Post a Comment