Monday, September 16, 2013

What the Crab?

Hey there family!!
Man can believe that I have already been in Nicaragua for 2 weeks? Sometimes I believe it and other times I don’t haha. It has been really good though I am learning so much and I absolutely love it here. It is funny to see people in coats in pictures because I am still just sitting here sweating haha. I love it though! I would much rather be hot than cold J And it just going to get warmer. We have really good rainstorms here. The lightning is always so close that the thunder hurts my ears haha. It is way exciting. There is a volcano only about 10-15 miles away from us so that is really cool to see. There is usually a pretty sweet thunderstorm right above it. Nicaragua is definitely a different world. I have a couple of funny stories this week that I will tell you about J
Monday was pretty great and definitely needed. After we wrote our emails we went home and had family night with some members then to celebrate making it through the first week here the 4 Elders we eat lunch with and me and my companion all went and got ice cream. You all know how much I love ice cream J!!! And it is like 100x better here. Don’t ask me why it just is haha.
Probably because it is pretty warm haha just the way I like it.
Tuesday we had a zone meeting in the morning where we learned about how to tell our companions they are doing something wrong lovingly haha. It was slightly humorous I won’t lie. Then we went and taught Ingrid and met her boyfriend (but father of her 2 children) Jose. They are so awesome. I love that family so much. They have two kids, Manuel (9) and Sarah (5). And we invited them to be married and baptized and Ingrid was all for it but Jose wanted some time to think. Which I completely understand.
Wednesday was Hermana Lopez 14 month mark so we made a goal to contact 14 families but we ended up only having 2 hours to contact so we basically contacted everyone and reached our goal. We went back and visited Ingrid y  Jose and taught them the restoration. Jose is really difficult for me to understand because he talks super fast and swallows half of his words. But Ingrids friend Hazel was there too with her daughter Roxanne who has become my best friend. And we taught her as well. She is super interested but needs to talk to her husband and get him to come too. But she is so so great. I told Hazel that I liked her nails and she told me to wait, then she left haha I was a little confused. But she returned with her bag full of nail polish and such and took my hand and painted my nails while we taught haha. Her daughter Roxanne (6) only wanted to sit on my lap and play with my hair. She is seriously adorable I will try to get a picture with them soon.
Thursday was awesome!!! Jose and Ingrid accepted our invitation to be married and baptized!!!! I honestly have never felt so much joy in my entire life. If this is how I am going to be feeling then I want to be a missionary forever. They will be married and baptized on the 28th and we are trying to get it approved to be at the BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better believe I am so excited! How awesome would that be?!?! Man seriously. I love this family so much and seeing them take the steps to be together forever fills me with more joy than I thought was humanly possible. So pray for them to stay ready for the 28th of this month.
Friday was pretty normal we tracted and visited Ingrid, Jose y Hazel and taught them some more. Roxanne did my hair and gave me a huge hug and then so did Sarah and Manuel haha. I don’t know why but the kids always take interest in me. I enjoy it J After lunch we had a little bit of time so I played baseball with the members we are staying with. And yes I did it in a skirt with class!
Saturday… oh man… Our baptism with Jerry fell through L So that was sad but it got better. We were eating lunch and it was soup (don’t ask me why they feed us soup when it is 100 degrees outside.) and I felt something hard in the bottom of my bowl so I scooped it out and there was a whole crap. Head, eyes, everything haha I started laughing so hard and the Elders thought it was funny that I thought it was funny so they started laughing and basically we were all just sitting there laughing for like 5 minutes. It was definitely necessary haha :) then we went over to Jose y Ingrids and they fed us dinner and gave us coke J So even though it was kinda a rough day it definitely had its good moments! 
Sunday was good, we took Ingrid y Jose to church with their kids and I played the piano in sacrament meeting. It was actually really funny, after sacrament meeting was over this swarm of people came up to me and all started talking to me at once and I couldn’t understand anything. Then the old women all grabbed my hands and kissed them. I felt like a rockstar, needless to say I think I will play in church more often J The people here are so loving and so so humble. I love them more and more everyday. I didn’t think it was possible for me to love a group of people so much in my entire life. But I love them so so much. They have become my Latino family. I had a dream I was Latina this week too haha.
We found out today that we are going to Managua tomorrow for a training and we have to leave at 5:30 in the morning Yikes. Haha. For lunch today we had fish, but it was all still intact head gills everything haha but it was super tasty! I ate it all! My Spanish is finally starting to kick in. I can understand almost everyone if they talk slow and most of them will talk slow for me. I taught a lesson in English this week and it was difficult because some things I only know in Spanish haha. I don’t speak much English at all so I know it will be a struggle when I come home. This morning we went and bought a couple things and then went to see if we could find another house to live in. We are still living in our little room. Haha pray that we can find a house. We really need it!
Anyway that is about all for this week!! I love you all so much and I will try to get more pictures of Nicaragua this week it is just dangerous for me to carry around my camera. I love you all!
Hermana Willardson

No comments:

Post a Comment