Monday, September 2, 2013

Last week in the CCM!!!

Oh my sweet family and friends,
Can you believe it has already been 6 weeks and I am on my way to Nicaragua?? It blows my mind on occasion. Ha ha. All my bags are packed and weighed and I think I should be ready to go :) I filled my carry on with all my books so it weighs 40 lbs...ha ha ha hopefully they don't weigh that.. but we will see!! I am so excited to get there today! Crazy stuff that the next email you will be reading from me will be from Nicaragua! I have already grown such a love for the people there and I can not wait to actually get there. In 10 hours I will be there :) YAY! So not much happened this week but I will fill you in on everything.
Tuesday we got to see a live broadcast from the MTC in Provo and Neil L Anderson was giving it. There were 4137 people watching it from MTCs all over the world. It is the largest audience the devotionals have ever been broadcast too. Pretty much I just get to take part of a little history in the making :) It is really cool. We have about 850 missionaries here already and it is just going to keep growing. The Mexico MTC will shortly be the biggest one in the world. SWEEET!! Maybe they will get Dear Elders figured out eventually :)
Wednesday we had our review with our first investigator from our first lesson to our last. It was really nice to see his remarks and how he was feeling during the whole thing. Then we set a goal as a District to reach 30 contacts by Friday (2 days) so we spent a lot of our time outside contacting other missionaries :) Much better than being in the class room! We even practiced with a couple of the natives and I felt super cool when we could have a conversation and I could communicate what I wanted too. I have been super blessed when it comes to the language. I have still had to work hard at it but it came to me a lot faster than a good majority of people. Major blessing. Then we had a service activity which was washing the walls of a building haha. I love doing service here because I think they try to think of the most random things for us to do and then have us do them. It was really exciting :) That night they gave us a brand new schedule to take effect on Thursday. Which was weird because we leave today.. but oh well
So Thursday was our first time with this new schedule and we had gym right after breakfast which I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Haha but it ended up working out just fine. Not a whole lot happened this day. I did finally get my itinerary which was nice because I was thinking I would be leaving tomorrow not today. That was about it for Thursday.
Friday we had In-Field Orientation, it was probably one of the longest days of my life. Haha we started at 8:00am and we were in the same room until 9:00pm only taking breaks for food. It was an incredibly long day but I did learn some stuff and got some pass along cards for the airport so it was productive!
Saturday I was able to contact my family and tell them about my flight plans and such. I started packing some stuff up because I didn't want to have to pack on Sunday. Then we had our last classes and our teachers just told us mission stories and gave us advice pretty much the whole time. It was pretty exciting!
Sunday was awesome, it was fast sunday and our last day all together in the District so we did a lot of stuff together. We took pictures with our teachers and with the branch president and basically just went to regular meetings and hung out together all day. The Elders in my district have become like my little brothers. They will be sad to say goodbye to. Ummm a ver, we had our usual devotionals and meetings and we printed off our boarding passes. Then we went to the movie and after we all sang "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" In spanish because 2 of our elders left at 3:00am today. Ugh that would be awful. But anyway we said some of our goodbyes and it was pretty sad but we are all super excited for each other so it wasn't too bad. Plus all but one of us are from Utah so we will see eachother most likely.
Today we got up early and showered and started our last little bit of laundry and packed everything else up. Then we went and weighed our bags and I am cutting it pretty close but I think everything will be good :) as long as they don't weigh my carry-on. Hermana Kent has this thing that we were using to weigh our stuff but it wasn't working out so well and we ended up breaking one of the cupboards above our closets... hahah don't tell anyone. And now we are here just writing off our final Mexican emails!! I have some parting words for you all :)
The sun is just rising in my life, and these are the years where I am deciding and I am defining the way I will go. In these moments of my youth I wanna live everyday in the light of His truth. The story that I want to write is one of strength, filling each chapter with faith and with laughter. I won't forget I am a child of the Father. I want to live everyday of my life with honor. I want to look back on this time and be proud of how I spent my days and the person that I have been. I want to know the choices I make won't leave me wishing I could make them again. That during these 18 months my devotion was set, I want to look back on this time with no regrets.
So here it is, I am finally getting ready to be a real missionary! I can not ever thank you all enough for all your prayers and emails. I know I couldn't do it without every single one of you. Thank you for your support!! I have the greatest family and friends in the world :) but most of all I want you all to know that our Savior lives. He loves us all so perfectly and individually. All he wants is to hear from you, so pray. He is there I promise. I have already started to form a better relationship with Him and I want to do is make it stronger. I know that my Redeemer lives and He will come again.
Hermana Willardson
I forgot to tell you all something humorous. We didn't have hot dogs all week and I was so happy.. then last night they gave us the hot do omlette that I told you about a couple weeks ago. Basically it is an omelette but instead of using eggs they use hot dogs haha and for breakfast this morning? Corn dog. Haha I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that the last two meals I will eat here are Hot dogs and corn dogs :)


No comments:

Post a Comment